Cretu Project – Float Like a Butterfly Sting Like a Bee

After spending time working on my Cretu assignment and project, I have a few reflections and comments about it to make. First off is that I enjoyed this project very much. The process of picking the right painting and the right celebrity to put on it was fun. It was also fun to complete the process of cropping out the celebrity’s face, placing it on the painting, editing the celebrity to match the art style, and to change the skin tone. I chose Muhammad Ali for this because I wanted to reinforce the idea that he was the greatest boxer of all time. I chose the original painting because it bears a resemblance to Muhammad Ali’s famous photo of him yelling at Sonny Liston to get up and fight him. For any future students, I would recommend using an art style that isn’t hard to replicate. Luckily for me, I found a filter that matched it very well. This made it a lot easier.

3 thoughts on “Cretu Project – Float Like a Butterfly Sting Like a Bee

1. Which image? Describe
    The Boxing Image
    What do you like most about the photo? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    I like how he was able to match the style of the picture with his image of choice. They both look like they were painted by the same person. Additionally, the depression and the direction of the eyes’ gaze works perfectly with the photo.
    What is one thing that could be better in the photo? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    One thing that could be better in the photo is that the colors of the face and the body he resides on aren’t perfectly matching. Additionally, the image quality of the face seems to have decreased a bit during the process of making it match. Some sharpening could fix that.
    What one piece of advice for the photographer to help them make their work better next time? Explain writing 3 sentences in the block to the right.
    Chris could have tried to perfect the skin colors a bit more to make it look seamless. Additionally, adding people that are related to this figure in the crowd could make it have a cool effect. For instance, he could have put a well known enemy of this figure on the head of the person being punched.

2. I really like this painting. I like how you took Muhammed Ali and were able to transform his head to fit the painting like it was one painting all along. As I watched you make the composite image, I noticed how the original painting was a white man so I appreciate how you were overall able to match the painting with Ali. There are very few things wrong with this. One minor thing I see is the head which is a slightly different shade than the body. I’d just fix that and the photo is perfect. Next time, I’d fix the texture slightly. Fixing the texture would make the picture more sharp. This, in turn, would make the composite image perfect.

3. This photo is great. The blending and creativity is good. The way Chris blends the two faces together with that level of precision makes a great photo.
    Chris’ photo is really good. Not much could be better. But if I were to pick one thing, I would turn up the vibrance level.
    I would tell Chris to turn up the vibrance of his photo. I feel that this would make his photo more interesting. And also more pleasing to look at.